STI's objective is to provide high-quality, innovative, science-based solutions for air quality, meteorological, and other environmental needs worldwide in an ethical and objective manner to facilitate effective environmental management.
The STI approach is:
To maintain technical excellence and an outstanding reputation.
- To attract high-level, highly productive staff with a supportive, bureaucracy-free, rewarding environment.
- To operate at the forefront of science and technology.
- To always perform sound science and engineering.
- To maintain a high level of technical respect and visibility through publications and technical meetings.
- To develop complementary, synergistic teams with the highest level of technical expertise.
- To encourage contacts and joint projects with universities and other groups with complementary expertise.
- To take personal responsibility for quality.
- To ensure that our work is ethical, honest, objective, innovative, understandable, and practical.
- To ensure that our clients understand our work and its implications and that our work is used ethically and effectively.
- To be respectful of our clients and staff.
To satisfy our clients.
- To understand and be responsive to our clients' needs.
- To perform projects within our clients’ time-scale and budget.
- To clearly convey our results in a way that is useful to our clients.
- To provide high-quality, useful, and practical products and services.
- To listen, act, and deliver.
To maintain strength through diversity.
- To develop a diverse technological base with focused expertise in a range of complementary disciplines.
- To identify future market needs and to develop or seek out the people and technologies to address those needs.
- To leverage research and development projects to generate new products and services.
- To focus on market areas where we have something unique to offer.
To provide an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.
- To provide a congenial, nurturing, and appreciative community.
- To keep STI flexible and minimize bureaucracy.
- To have an open decision-making process.
- To recognize and reward business and scientific achievements.
- To provide growth paths for career advancement.
- To foster teamwork and communication throughout the company.
- To provide a stable work environment, competitive salaries, and as much financial security as possible for our staff.
- To provide adequate support services for our technical staff.
- To be an asset to the community.
- To remain employee owned and directed.
To be financially sound and profitable.
- To be fiscally conservative and fiscally responsible.
- To have employees have a financial interest in the success of the company.
- To maintain a fair and competitive rate structure.
- To be cost effective.
- To have project managers understand STI finances and be responsible for the profitability of the business.
- To continually invest in new business, hiring, and staff-development opportunities.
- To have a strategy for long-term ownership and leadership transition.
- To maintain a mix of research, development, services, and products that provides stability and maintains profitability
and cash flow.